The bottle says "Other Ingredients," what are they?
- Just water!
Is this the same as make-at-home HOCL kits?
- No, our product does not contain vinegar like most home kits. We also produce at a higher parts per million (PPM) which makes us a true disinfectant. Most make-at-home HOCL expires in 14 days. Our product lasts for about 30 days.
Why so many names?
- Sapphire Disinfection is our LLC. Hydrolyte is the name that is used for our products in hospitals and schools. Simple Elements is our new brand name we created for our retail business. We wanted something people wouldn't mind having sit on their counters in their homes.
Does your product kill Covid-19?
- Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) is what your bodies white blood cells naturally produce to kill/fight off infections. HOCL breaks down the cell wall around the bacteria/virus.
Is it really the most powerful disinfectant on the market?
- Yes! Our product is 99.9999% effective compared to most others that are 99.9% or less.
If your products perform better, why aren't they in stores?
- Anything natural has a shelf life. If it doesn't you can bet there is some additive in it. Our disinfectants are best when used within 30 days and our cleaning products within 6 months.
Do I really need to let it sit for 10 minutes?
- In order to kill the Clostridioides difficile (better known as C.Diff) the product needs to sit for 10 minutes. This bacterium is typically found in hospital settings. Most customers who use in their homes let sit for 2-3 minutes.
It says after 30 days to test with chlorine strips, do I need to do that?
- This is said in order to verify the parts per million and ensure the product has not lost efficacy. Per the EPA the product is only allowed to drop 10% in 30 days. The product storage can effect the PPM. It needs to be kept away from heat and sunlight. In order to kill C.Diff (common in healthcare facilities) our PPM must be above 450. Most household disinfecting products are comparable to a PPM of <250.
Does it contain chlorine?
- No it is not chlorine. It is chlorus. An easy way to remember is "Chlorine is not "clean," chlorus is for us!"
What does it smell like?
- Faintly like a swimming pool, but that dissipates as it dries, then it just smells clean. We add no fragrance or coloring.
Will it still work past the 30 days?
- The PPM will begin to drop. Proper storage of your products can help to preserve your products. Our PPM must be above 450 at production. Most household disinfecting products are comparable to a PPM of <250.
Is it really gentle enough for use around kids and pets?
- Yes! In fact we service nearby school systems and daycare facilities.